Satisfying The 8 Vital Longings of Your Soul
We often think of living a deeper life. In this incredible interview with Daniel Henderson, author of The Deeper Life, he shares how to truly discover the answers to life’s core questions and live them out in your thoughts, words, and actions. This is a book that needs to be on your must read list!
“So many of us base our identity on things that change. The one thing that never changes is the rock-solid truth of who God is and what he says to be true about him.” – Daniel Henderson
An acclaimed teacher on spiritual renewal, Daniel Henderson shares the principles and practices that are vital to a transformed life. He explains the longings that resonate in our souls–longings such as wanting to know God more fully, to know ourselves better, to spend our time on things that matter–and shows how to systematically apply them to daily decisions and even long-term goals. As countless believers have already discovered, this gospel-oriented, Spirit-empowered approach will touch every part of your life and change the trajectory of your journey.
Be known as a person of relevant faith . . .
Escape the fog of daily distractions . . .
Live a more intentional, integrated life!
You Will Learn
Daniel shares questions that really matter and will help satisfy the ultimate longings of the soul to know God and live an eternally significant life.
The 8 Vital Longings of Your Soul
- Who is God? (Theology)
- Who Am I? (Identity)
- Why Am I Here? (Purpose)
- What Really Matters? (Values)
- What Should I Do? (Priorities)
- How Should I Do It? (Goals)
- When Should I Do It? (Time)
- How Will I Finish? (Legacy)
- Mission – We exist to ignite the heart of the Church through personal renewal, congregational revival and leadership restoration for the glory of Jesus Christ.
- The Deeper Life, Satisfying the 8 Vital Longings of Your Soul
- The Deeper Life Group Study
- Daniel’s E-Devotional
As a Senior Pastor for over two decades, Daniel Henderson brought prayer-based revitalization to several mega-churches. Today he is dedicating his full-time efforts to help congregations across the country experience renewal and turn-around as he speaks to thousands each year at conferences and prayer events. He is President of Strategic Renewal, which exists to ignite personal renewal, congregational revival, and leadership restoration for Christ’s glory.
Daniel Henderson is a pastor, preacher, renewal catalyst, leadership coach, author, husband, father, grandfather and (most importantly) a passionate Christ-follower. He was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico and received his academic degrees from Liberty University and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary in Lynchburg, Virginia. He loves the Lord, his wife, his children, and the local church with a passion.
After spending 25 years in rewarding full-time pastoral ministry, Daniel is now giving more of his full-time efforts to Strategic Renewal. He also serves part-time as the Pastor of Prayer at Mission Hills Church in Littleton, CO and as an adjunct professor at Liberty University in the areas of prayer and pastoral leadership. He has most recently been Senior Pastor of Grace Church in Eden Prairie, Minnesota for three and a half years, and Senior Pastor at Arcade Church in Sacramento, California for 11 years prior to that, where a profound movement of congregational prayer was birthed. He has also served as Senior Pastor of Los Gatos Christian Church in the San Jose area for four years. His pastoral and leadership experience also includes ministry as Associate Pastor to Dr. John MacArthur at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California and church planting in the Pacific Northwest.
Daniel’s first book, The 7 Most Important Questions You’ll Ever Answer, was translated into 12 languages and has been recently re-released by Baker Publishing under the new title The Deeper Life – Satisfying the 8 Vital Longings of the Soul. In 2004, Fresh Encounters was released, focusing on Daniel’s journey in the area of worship-based prayer. His more recent books include Think Before You Look: Avoiding the Consequences of Secret Temptation (2005), PRAYzing! Creative Prayer Experiences from A to Z (2007),The 29:59 Plan – Revisioned (2008, with Peter Lord), The Church That Prays Together: Inside the Prayer Life of 10 Dynamic Churches (2008, with Elmer Towns), and Transforming Prayer – How Everything Changes When You Seek God’s Face (2011). He also served as a contributing writer to Innovate Church: 8 Innovative Ways to Lead and Grow the Church(2008) and Giving Ourselves to Prayer: An Acts 6:4 Primer for Ministry (2008).
Daniel’s articles have appeared in publications like Leadership Journal, Pray! Magazine, and ChurchLeaders.com.
Daniel has been married to Rosemary (Brewer) for over 33 years and they live just south of Denver, Colorado. Together they have raised their three children, Justin, Jordan, and Heather Rose. They are the grandparents of Annie Renee’, Taylor Grace, Norah Jane and James Eagle.
- Life Verse: Generally 2 Corinthians 5:9. Most recently Galatians 1:24
- Most Interesting Place Ever Lived: Elephant Butte Lake, New Mexico (just outside the booming metropolis of Truth or Consequences)
- Most Interesting Places Ever Visited:
- Fordell Castle; Scotland (historic home of the Henderson Clan)
- The Holy Land
- Petra, Jordan
- Bali, Indonesia
- The Catacombs
- Ministry Passion: Pastor-led, local-church oriented movements of Christ-exalting, worship-based prayer, leading to full-scale revival, supernatural evangelism, and cultural transformation.
- Key goals for the future:
- To enjoy the rest of his life with his (one-and-only) wife of his youth
- To support the dreams God places in the hearts of his children
- To continue to write articles and books
- To travel extensively in his later years, ministering to missionaries and pastors
- Travel experience: 42 countries (ministering in 29), 49 states (Alaska is still to be conquered)
- Most Embarrassing Moment: Wouldn’t you like to know???
- Strategic Renewal – Founder, President
- The 6:4 Fellowship – National Director
- Mission Hills Church (Littleton, CO) – Pastor of Prayer
- Liberty University – Adj. Professor of Renewal and Church Leadership
- The National Association of Evangelicals – Board Member
- Spirit FM Radio – Chaplain
- National Prayer Committee Member
- The Power Team – Pastoral Advisor