The Keys To Creating An Impact That Outlives You!
“The biggest mistake successful men and women do at midlife, when they’re on a quest for renewal, is that they jump to the solution too quickly. They don’t take the time to get clear on who they are: their strengths, their passions and their calling. They jump to, “Where could I serve?” And they take board roles or they leave their platform in corporate America or sell their company, whether they’re sure if they really need it or not.” – Lloyd Reeb
Lloyd Reeb started his career as a successful real estate developer when he was only a teenager. He borrowed the money from his father to purchase his first piece of land, and paid him back with interest. Upon graduating from college, Lloyd began building retirement housing. He experienced great financial success through his thriving business. Eventually, however, some important questions began nagging him.
“But there was a point when I began to wonder, is this really all there is? Do I just continue to build buildings for the rest of my life and grow my net worth? Or is there some other purpose that I was put on this planet? Is there maybe something I’m missing? – Lloyd Reeb
In his book, “From Success to Significance,” Lloyd describes how to discover where your deepest passions intersect with your greatest abilities and harness them to help change the world. He unfolds a blueprint that has helped thousands of men and women redefine success and infuse their lives with eternal significance.
I think there are a lot of us that get caught into a sort of course in our career and in our pursuit of success without stopping and asking the question, “If my life turned out perfectly, what would the elements be?”
It’s different than asking, “If my life were perfect you know, 5 years from now, what would it look like?” That’s more of a tactical question. This was a long-term question. I spent a lot of time answering that one question. When I got clear on that, then it put my business in a different perspective.
What You Will Learn:
- How to discover your strengths and your true calling
- How to reorient your direction in life from success to significance
- How to use your talents and resources in ways that produce something that outlasts you
- How to find balance between the metrics in your life, such as performance, identity and relationships
- Why bailing from corporate America or selling your company may NOT be the best strategy to pursue your purpose
- Lloyd is the author of The Second Half: Real Stories, Real Adventures, Real Significance, a coffee table book packed with stories of people making a difference in their second half.
- His first book, From Success to Significance: When the Pursuit of Success Isn’t Enough, is a roadmap for mid-life transition.
- He co-authored Unlimited Partnership: Igniting a Marketplace Leader’s Journey to Significance, a guide to partnering with non-profit leaders.
- Lloyd’s Success To Significance Group Curriculum is written to people who are not financially independent but want to emphasize significance in their second half.
- His latest book is Halftime for Couples.
We are excited to announce that we have partnered with the Halftime Institute!
If you are at the place where you would like to move from success to significance click here to get a copy of this book for free.
This book is one of the most transformational books I have ever read – John Ramstead
Watch Inspirational Video’s from Halftime Graduates
Halftime Mission & Vision
Become a member of Halftime
He spends most of his time now speaking and leading workshops around the world, moderating Halftime Institute events and coaching men and women through the Halftime journey. Lloyd, also directs the Halftime Couples Institute, with his wife, Linda.
Lloyd and Linda live in Charlotte, North Carolina, and have three adult children.
“I was surprised to discover that I could use the skills, expertise and influence from my first-half success to make a significant world impact in my second half …. The destination is unique to each person but the journey is remarkably similar. Early confusion quickly becomes clear with a little guidance, a few tools and exposure to others’ stories. We help people get clear, get free and get going.” — Lloyd Reeb
Checkout Lloyd’s articles: