The marketplace is one of the best places for ministry
“I tell people it’s really inappropriate for you to walk into your marketplace and say ‘hey, God has called me to minister to you.’ So don’t ever say anything about it. Let it happen on His schedule and off work time mostly, because otherwise you’re going to be known as that Bible thumper. So, let’s back up and get a view of what ministry in the marketplace is. It’s totally different than ministry in the church, and if we can understand that, and making ethical decisions is one of those things, just doing the right thing. And I think God’s call to purity in business is one of His highest calls.”- Rich Marshall
If you are a believer, God has called you to minister to those around you right where you are. You don’t have to be a pastor or work in a Christian ministry, you just have to ask God to use you in a way that honors Him each and every day. Your business can be your ministry, even if you don’t, or can’t, talk about Jesus openly.
Join us today as we talk with Rich Marshall, one of the pioneers of the modern marketplace ministry movement. Rich will share some wonderful examples of how God has used business professionals to change their companies, one life at a time. His E.P.I.C. system, Ethics, Principals, Integrity, and Character, is a proven, God-ordained way to have a lasting influence on your workplace.
What you will learn:
- The importance of Revelation 1:6 “And hath made us kings and priests unto God the Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- If you’re called of God, you’re called to serve Him right where you are.
- Ministry in the work place doesn’t always mean starting a prayer meeting or Bible study at work. It means living with integrity and purity and praying about people and business transactions.
- The importance of starting your day with asking the Lord to use you.
- One person can change the workplace if you are the presence of Christ.
- The business world does not have to be evil and sinful.
- The importance of patience. Change won’t necessarily happen overnight.
- How to strike balance in brining God into the workplace without being a Bible thumper.
- You may not always know what lives will be touched, but they will.
“You might wonder how i got involved in corporate training. It’s because everything i learned in corporate training I learned from the Bible.” – Rich Marshall
Book: There’s No Such Thing as “Business” Ethics: There’s Only One Rule for Making Decisions by John Maxwell.
Rich Marshall is an international speaker and trainer. Rich brings over 40 years of in depth knowledge and hands on experience in pastoring, church planting and now business consulting and counseling within both the private sector and the non-profit sector of businesses. Rich and Wilma Marshall founded ROI, an inspirational and equipping ministry to the business community.