Finding Success in a Culture of Entitlement
In today’s episode, best-selling author, leadership expert, business coach and psychologist, Dr. John Townsend, joins us to discuss his latest book The Entitlement Cure. Dr. Townsend talks about how this attitude affects our behavior and relationships as well as how to confront others who are struggling with entitlement.
Today we live and work in a culture that says, “My life should be easy and work well for me.” This attitude of entitlement influences our most important institutions: family, business, church, and government.
It comes down to this: People are not getting to where they want to go, because they don’t know how to do life the Hard Way. Their entitlement keeps them from tackling challenges and finding success.
Here are my key takeaways from our interview
- The Hard Way cures entitlement
- Entitlement hurts ourselves and others
- Entitlement is a rejection of reality
- To change, we must want to change
- Anything worth doing requires discipline
- Positive change often starts with saying “I was wrong.”
Mentioned in this show