Be Humble, Stay Hungry, Always Hustle
A mentor of mine handed me a book titled The Catalyst Leader, 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker. There are few books on leadership that are as equipping as this one.
You will love this interview with Brad Lomenick, an author and the founder of Catalyst, and a legendary expert on leadership.
As we started talking about his life story and insight on what creates powerful leaders that I realized just how wise Brad is. You will come away with practical steps on being an authentic leader!
I loved hearing Brad’s wisdom on leadership, especially the relationship between confidence and humility.
Whether you’re leading a company or seeking to take a leadership role in your relationships, you’re going to get massive value out of Brad’s perspective.
Brad has just published H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle and you need to put this on your reading list!
What you will learn
- How to influence influencers
- The importance of leaders never feeling like they’ve “arrived”
- How to redefine yourself and step fully into your calling
- The most important habit you can have
- The breakdown of how identity, calling, assignment work together to define who you are
- H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle
- The Catalyst Leader, 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker
- Catalyst Conference
- Follow Brad
It’s a bit weird writing about yourself, so the best way to get the scoop on me is to check out my facebook page or follow me on Twitter. I promise to add value! In a nutshell, I’m an Oklahoma boy now residing in the South. I am a passionate follower of Christ, and had the privilege of leading and directing a movement of young leaders called Catalyst for the last 12 years. We see our role as equipping, inspiring, and releasing the next generation of young Christian leaders, and do this through events, resources, consulting, content and connecting a community of like-minded Catalysts all over the world. I appreciate the chance to continually connect with and collaborate alongside leaders.
I have now moved into a strategic advisor role with Catalyst, along with several other organizations.
My first book, The Catalyst Leader, released in April 2013, and will be releasing a follow up book in September of 2015 entitled H3 Leadership.
I love Oklahoma Sooners football, and consider myself a strong candidate for the senior golf tour at some point. I would prefer to start most mornings in a duck blind if possible, and if not hunting, you’ll find me on the ski slopes or on a plane. If given the option, I would love to have my own hunting show or maybe even sub in for Piers Morgan on CNN.
Over the last 15 years, I’ve spent a significant amount of time convening leaders. Prior to running Catalyst, I spent 5 years involved in the growth of the nationally acclaimed Life@Work Magazine and did management consulting with Cornerstone Group. Before that, after graduating from the University of Oklahoma, I rode horses for a living on a ranch in the Colorado mountains for several years.
I write about leadership, the next generation, creativity, innovation, social media, teamwork, personal growth, generational issues, execution, and a few other topics. You can hear all kinds of conversations with great leaders I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing like Malcolm Gladwell, Seth Godin, Francis Chan, Tony Dungy, Andy Stanley, Rick Warren, Marcus Buckingham, Dave Ramsey, Bill Hybels and others through the Catalyst Podcast, which is FREE and available on itunes or on the Catalyst website.
I typically post 4-5 times a week. To stay connected, you can subscribe to receive blog updates via email or RSS Feed.
For a little more insight on me, here are ten questions, well, with me….
- First Car? 1980 Monte Carlo (green and gray upholstery interior)
- Where did you grow up? Bristow, OK (home of the Purple Pirates!). Just outside of Tulsa.
- All time Favorite Movie? Lonesome Dove
- Favorite Snack Indulgence: Chips and Salsa
- All Time Favorite Quote: tough one, but I love this- “Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words.” – St. Francis of Assisi
- Ever been skydiving? No. Do you want to? No.
- Dream Vacation: either golfing in Scotland and Ireland, or duck/dove/goose hunting in Argentina.
- If I could pick a different first name, what would it be? Lom. That way I would be Lom Lomenick.
- What do I like best about leading Catalyst? The free t-shirts and swag. Seriously, it’s the thousands of leaders around the US and the world that we have the amazing opportunity to impact, equip and inspire to be a Catalyst in their communities. That is an amazing honor. And we take it very seriously, and hold it with a great sense of stewardship.
- What three people would you want to have dinner with tonight? Billy Graham, Bono, and Nelson Mandela.
Bonus Question: What 3 golfers make up your foursome on your trip to Scotland (dreaming here): Jack Nicklaus, Michael Jordan and Bono. And I would invite Charles Barkley just for the humor!