Find a support and never go through it alone
When we hear the word “addict” or “addiction”, what comes up to mind first, most of the time, is the addiction to abused drugs or pornography. Russ Perry presents a different case – it’s addiction to work and business. He only wants to give the best for his family but all the stress has led him to turn to alcohol to alleviate the pressure.
It’s not easy to go through all this addiction problem alone and instead, will make things even more difficult when help from others is not sought. Russ strongly advises seeking for an external assistance that will give an outside unbiased perspective. A professional third-party support will help put things we are going through in context and gives hope. The only hindrance here is ourselves. We have to acknowledge that there is a problem and realize that we are not alone and we need to reach out for help.
As Russ puts it, ‘without clarity…it makes even easy decisions really challenging…’ When we have clarity, we know where we want to go and how to get there without sacrificing the most important things to us.
What You Will Learn:
- The challenges of high-performing, high-functioning people
- The mindset of people addicted to work
- How to recover from addiction
- How to balance your different roles
- Why clarity is important in decision-making
- Russ’ website: russperry.co/eternalleadership, http://russperry.co/
- Russ’ book: The Sober Entrepreneur
- Russ’ Facebook: @russperry
- Russ’ Twitter: @russperry
- Russ’ LinkedIn: Russ Perry
- Russ’ Instagram: russperry
- Russ’ YouTube: Russ Perry
Russ Perry has been involved in branding and marketing strategy for over the last decade. He has worked to shift the status-quo with brands such as Apple, Morgan Stanley, Pebble Tec, LG, Botanicare and the Harlem Globetrotters.
In 2015 he launched Design Pickle, the #1 flat-rate graphic design service in the world. He is enjoying life as a self-funded & married startup founder with three beautiful daughters.