A journey out of darkness and sadness into a life of peace and joy
We often have a tendency to look at successful business leaders and entrepreneurs and think that they live a charmed life. It’s easy to assume that their lives have always been that way. For Bruce Van Horn, this definitely wasn’t the case. While he is now a successful author and life coach, he has had his share of pain and heartache through two bankruptcies, the death of a child, divorce, and cancer. It was a challenge from his brother to run a marathon that set him on a course that would change his life.
On this podcast, Bruce will share about his journey out of darkness and sadness into a life of peace and joy. God has shown him that it’s not important to be the best parent, the best spouse, the best employee or employer. True fulfillment comes from being the best YOU as you find gratefulness for the blessings God has given you.
What you will learn:
- Material, relational, or professional affirmations will never lead to fulfillment.
- The key to true fulfimment is a real understanding of who God is.
- How you can lose yourself in the roles that you play.
- When God is not making sense, He gives us the promise of HOPE: Hold On, Pain Ends.
- How to help others who facing struggles and challenges.
- The importance of not judging things as good or bad based on the pleasure or pain it brings into our lives
- How to appreciate every breath we take as a unique event. Our ability to breathe is all we need to stay alive, everything else is a bonus.
- How to develop your purpose by finding your identity in Christ.
- Whatever difficulty you’re going through right now may not be the thing that destroys you, it may be the thing that saves you.
- God gives us the ability to choose the attitude by which we face our circumstances.
- Life is a Marathon Podcast
- This is on the top of my personal playlist!!
- Book: Worry No More: 4 Steps to Stop Worrying and Start Living–Bruce Van Horn
Bruce Van Horn is a dad, author, life coach, entrepreneur, and marathon runner. His motto is “Life is a marathon, train for it!” He is passionate about helping people be the best they can by living intentionally.